Monday, March 08, 2010

Catching the Light



When I was a little boy, mom and dad made me go to all those wedding receptions dressing me up in my best little outfit possible. I always loved to see the brides and grooms being in the center of attention. People would always ask me when I will get married and I never failed to answer them back, in the most serious note "honestly and proudly", that I would be a single guy just like my dad. I did not understand why people laughed at my statement. I was one proud kid to be just like his own dad who he thought was single. Didn't we all think what we believed was true and weren't we all chasing our own lights?

I am not that naive little kid anymore after two decades had passed and yet it still makes me wonder why I am still catching my own light! May be I am still scared of the dark. It was the literal darkness during my childhood days that I was scared of but the context of light and darkness expands as years pass by. I never did, do not still and will never be able to understand what is right, and wrong where the light that I try to chase would be something others are trying to get away from.

I am never able to tell a star's history yet I still chase the twinkling brightness from above which had traveled down its journey of millions of years just to shine on me this particular night regardless of its own existence to this day as I speak.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a good descriptive writing of your innocent expression and your status of adult. It also make me recall what I thought in my childhood and what I really have to do now. Hee hee good job tee tee. Love to read it.

weekb4xmas said...

Thanks Poe Loe =)))... I'm glad to have shared the thoughts...