Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Sneak Peek To My Sweet Home



I was never good in writing "My home" essays back in high school and there were countless times that I memorized two, three paragraphs of other people's "My home" then vomitted them all out on my exam paper... well I just did not have any critical or rational thinking of whatsoever and I did not know how to feel things over and work it out based on the feeling you have inside back then.
Well before anything I want to make you read one of those "standard phrases" that I used to swallow by heart just to get the passing marks over essays.... Have fun but don't be laughing too much...
"MY HOME: My home is located at "house/ street numbers bla bla bla" and it is a one story brick house with a big garden in front. It has a green roof on top and it is surrounded by green trees.... There are three bedrooms inside my house with toilet attached, a living room, a dinning room and a kitchen.
Well now you know what it was all like. But well I just take it as a let-bygone-be-bygone thing and those days are over for me.
Now imagine you are my special guest and I am now driving you to our house. So let's start from the city center main road, we are now there... so yeah buddy, just familiarize with the surrounding for a while.
"That's right the square building which enwrapped the whole block beside the clock tower is our central market." "Don't worry I am going to take you to that clock tower street later in the evening... but don't get all excited, there are too much of things to eat there in a day.."
"Whoops, did you just almost have a heart attack over the scooter rider who just drifted beside us??? Well get used to it buddy besides I won't speed up at the moment anyway don't worry so you see?? On the right side, this is our famous night market which I doubt you would want to go inside. Hey but we have to come to this "tofu noodle" shop early tomorrow morning. You wouldn't want to miss the good things out by getting up late, would you? Now there you go, you can open the window now and enjoy the fresh breeze, we have passed the market."
"Oh hey, there he is... you know what this uniformed guy with the "white helmet" and me used to play "hide and seek: catch me if you can" game whenever I did not wear a helmet while riding my scooter you know? That was really cool and exciting... I can't believe it, he's still working here man... "
"Ahhh yeah you're right, it's my high school and it used to be one of the best in town and I had a lot of great memories from there.. it was my first cornerstone for my life, you can say that. Ohh hahahaha don't worry here we don't have such markets anymore that we have just passed in this area... this is solely a residential area... and don't forget we're slowly going up the winding road" "Hey hold up, I have to pass this public transport "line car"... nah don't worry, those people are happy on the roof and they are used to it, they won't easily fall off from there, just imagine you being sandwiched inside the small pick up truck... so if I were using that transport, I might as well sit on top of the roof just like those guys and may be you should try it sometime later... really i mean it... it is totally awesome."
"Ohh you like this Guang Ying Temple? For me honestly, I'm more interested in the food they offer during festive seasons more (Laugh Out Loud)... hey don't forget, now you look on your left...... " "Uh-huh, that's what I'm talking about.... see that's what I would call the whole panoramic view of the city center that we've just passed.. you see how small that central market has become? Ohh gosh, you gotta see this my friend.... these lines of "sein ban" trees... oh they have bloomed so well this year.... That's right, I don't know which smart people from the past planted these lines of trees... yeah I like that color coordination as well this whole tree is pink in color like cherries then this is violet.... this is the sign that we're getting close to our home... we're almost there buddy.... okay go ahead you just keep counting pink after violet then violet after pink nonstop."
"Yeah don't be surprised, at this point of place, there is no housing area on the right side anymore, just a pure moutain and trees." "Yep you're right same goes to my home, we don't have any neighbor's house across the street.... a green calm pond and trees that stretch towards the higher ground of the side of the mountain would be my neighbors I suppose."
"Finally, there that green-roofed stand-alone little cottage amidst the greens?? We've reached our destination buddy.... Later let me introduce you to my favorite doggies who will be all excited to jump up and down and round all over you and oh.... sorry..... they don't fit into cages anymore but they are simply lovely... and they'll love you too..."
"Yeah mom said she has already prepared our lunch, all her specialties.... you can have a sip of my dad's homemade red wine too if you want... then shower quick, rest for a while then we have so much things to do..."

No comments: